Thursday, March 12, 2015

Favorite Friday - Stack'd

It's Favorite Friday! These are going to be so difficult because I have so many favorite places! However, hands down, my absolute favorite place to go is Stack'd in Shadyside!

Stack'd is very similar to Burgatory in the fact that you can create your own burger and they also have spiked milkshakes. However, I would describe Stack'd as more All-American food, whereas Burgatory is more organic, natural, and "different". Don't get me wrong, I love Burgatory from time-to-time, but there is just something about Stack'd. The atmosphere is laid back with friendly and attentive staff. Since it is in Shadyside, there is typically a younger crowd, but there are people of all ages every time we go. The main floor is fairly small with a few booths, low tops, high tops, and a small bar. Upstairs is much bigger with booths tucked back in their own space, high tops, a dart board, several other booths, and a large U-shaped bar. At a certain point of the night, the upstairs is 21+.

They have a fairly simple menu consisting of appetizers, wings, salads, and BYOS - Build Your Own Stack and everything is pretty inexpensive. Between Shaun and I we have had something from each category:
  • Buffalo Potato Skins - Fire. Bacon, buffalo sauce, and cheese - need I say more?
  • Fried Pierogies - Amazing. Highly recommend!
  • Fried Potstickers - They weren't bad, I think we just like potstickers too much and have had better
  • Wings - great, but if you want them crispy, definitely let them know
  • Buffalo Chicken Salad - do not get if you are trying to calorie count - Stack'd with tons of toppings
  • Fishbowls - we had the Long Island Iced Tea, but I can't imagine any being bad!

 

What keeps us coming back though is the BYOS. Oh, and the Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshake that I recently discovered. I can't get enough of it!

I'll take you through one of my BYOS.

Step 1: Meat I don't really eat red meat, so I always get the chicken which is always a very nice sized piece and super juicy. Shaun gets the Big Stack (3/4 lb) burger and it is also juicy.

Step 2: Bread I haven't strayed from the pretzel bun. I can't... I just can't.

Step 3: Cheese Provolone. Again, haven't ever strayed.

Step 4 Sauce. Here's where it gets tricky every time. There are so many.  From Blazin' BBQ to General Tso's to OMFG! there is a sauce for every palette (mayo, mustard, and ketchup too, of course!). I go back and forth between the Garlic Aioli and the Stack'd House Sauce which is like a chipotle sauce.

Step 5 Toppings. Again, so many to choose from. You have your basics, lettuce, tomato, onion, etc. Then you have different toppings like Fritos and peanut butter. THEN you have the out of the box toppings like fried banana, fried pierogie, and tater tots. Lettuce is always a must on my sandwich. I've had other toppings like fried jalapeno poppers, Fritos, fried egg, bacon and Shaun has had chicken fingers and onion rings.

Then you can add a type of potato. I always recommend to add the curly fries. I feel like something is off with their ketchup.. I'm think it is not Heinz, so if you are picky like I am, I recommend getting a side of cheese or ranch dressing. The onion rings and old bay fries are also delicious!

It is so much fun to create something new each time! Some of my favorite combos so far are:
 
Ranch + Lettuce + Fried Jalapeno Popper

House Sauce + Lettuce + Fritos + Fried Egg
 
I highly recommend, no I insist, that you put Stack'd on your list of places to try! Make sure you let me know how you liked it!
 
Eat Well & Sparkle!

1 comment:

  1. Agree - Stack'd is an awesome place - very, very good food! This made my hungry and I need to go there soon!!!

    ReplyDelete