Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Pub Chip Shop

As Lenten season is upon us, I'm sure we are all looking for delicious places to get fish, aside from local fish fries. I first learned of The Pub Chip Shop when I was searching for new places to eat on Yelp. After I read reviews and saw photos, I knew I had to go as soon as possible.

Shaun and I were out during the day and decided we wanted to try it out for dinner. As we almost got into the South Side we realized it was Saturday night and knew this wasn't going to be good. We drove around looking for parking while we were entertained by the sights we saw. When we finally spotted a parking space on the street, Shaun went to back in and I saw a man doing push ups on the street. At that point it wasn't worth it, so we left. A few weeks later we were finally able to get there earlier in the day for dinner. I couldn't believe I waited so long - I can't even explain how good it was!

Since it was my first time there, I had to go with the classic fish and chips. Unbelievable! You definitely get your money's worth as the portions are huge. The fish doesn't taste "fishy" and it melts in your mouth. However, the breading is fried to perfection as well as the "chips". You know the fries that are soft on the inside, yet crispy on the outside? I couldn't get enough of them!


Shaun got the banger (English sausage) and chips. He LOVED the breading, but wasn't quite a fan of the actual sausage. He wouldn't say that it was bad, it just wasn't for him.


The only downside is that there is very limited seating. I haven't taken my food to-go from here, but I personally wouldn't recommend it. Everything is fried so perfectly that I would definitely recommend eating it there!

No comments:

Post a Comment