Friday, August 14, 2015

Favorite Friday - Carnivores

I have always heard people talk about Carnivores in Oakmont, but I was never actually there myself. My brother's 21st birthday was on a Monday, so not many places were open on Sunday night for him to get a midnight celebration beer. I consulted Yelp for bars open past midnight and Carnivores was one of few, so that's where we went and I am so glad we did!

I love the feel of the open restaurant/bar and outside area. They have a ton of beers on tap and have a bottle shop with over 600 various beers. You can order by the bottle or build your own six-pack. Since I don't like beer, I love to build our own six-pack to take with us so I can get the malt beverages I like and Shaun can get his beer. I also LOVE that they typically have Not Your Father's Root Beer in stock every time I am there! I don't like beer, but I LOVE that stuff!


A service they offer that is quite genius is beer DELIVERY. Mind. Blown. They have quite a few monthly drink specials such as Shot of the Month (with a Carnivores shot glass to keep!), Glass of the Month (with a Carnivore's pint glass to keep!), and Craft Bucket of the Month as well as weekly beer specials.

I have been here a handful of times already this summer and have tried to sample the menu, but some dishes were so good I've repeated them. My reviews so far:

*Fried Pickle Chips - love!

*Zucchini Planks - these were really delicious too!

*Boneless Wings - O.M.G. My favorite boneless wings, ever. I know some people say that boneless wings aren't wings, they are chicken tenders. Tomāto, tomaato... these are amazing! I have had mild and parmesan + garlic. I liked them both, but the parmesan + garlic were unbelievable!

*Buster Fries/Tots - with either choice of potato, this dish is amazing. The cheese sauce is evenly distributed, topped with bacon, and comes with ranch. Usually the ranch is on top, but I get it on the side. They are so addicting!
 
 
*BLT Wedgie - I couldn't believe I ordered this because Fox's Pizza BLT Wedgie has been my favorite for 10+ years. However, I am jumping ship. This wedgie was one of the best things I have ever tasted. It is HUGE. One portion is enough to fill you up, so you have three more sections for leftovers. I'm obsessed!

 
I'm so glad to find somewhere local that we both love. The staff is extremely friendly, the prices are so great for the amount of food you get, and the atmosphere is awesome. Whether we are going out with friends for a night or just want to grab a quick bite to eat, this is our new go-to spot!

Eat Well & Sparkle!

No comments:

Post a Comment