Thursday, August 20, 2015

Social at Bakery Square

Social: relating to or involving activities in which people spend time talking to each other or doing enjoyable things with each other

This definition could not be more of an accurate way to define Social at Bakery Square. This is an awesome place to grab a table and have a good time with friends. I definitely recommend sitting outside! Reservations can be made for groups of eight or more which is great, especially when visiting on the weekend.

The staff, atmosphere, food, and drinks are all wonderful! I think of Social as more of a place to visit with friends for drinks and appetizers or even for lunch, than a place to visit for dinner. It has such a modern, fun vibe that makes you want to keep drinking and being "social".

Some tried + true libations and dishes:

social punch: vodka, ginger ale, cranberry juice, pineapple juice 
 This was amazing!! We started with the Jacked Arnold Palmer (jack daniels, lemonade, iced tea), but it tasted much different than what we were expecting. It wasn't as sweet as we thought it was going to be and the Jack Daniels was very strong. The Social Punch tasted like a punch and not alcohol which is dangerous, but delicious!

black bean quesadilla: cuban style black beans, pepperjack cheese, and avocado crema 
I didn't personally eat this dish, but the table loved it! 

 
social sticks: mozzarella, provolone, & smoked gouda with marinara 
Droolworthy. At first I thought these were mozzarella sticks, but I'm so glad they weren't. The cheese was melted so perfectly together on the fresh dough. Prepare to be addicted. 

luis' spicy chicken dip
I feel like buffalo chicken dip is a hit or miss with me. It can't have celery or onions and I prefer that it does not have blue cheese. This dip was a home run. It was so smooth and cheesy with the perfect amount of spice. The tortilla chips had a flavorsome seasoning which paired well with the dip. I will definitely order this again and again. 

fried chicken & waffle sandwich: served with cheddar cheese and maple aioli served with fries
I did not get the cheddar cheese on my sandwich because I wasn't sure how I felt about it and I think I made the right decision. This sandwich was so so good. I thought the maple aioli was tasty on it's own, but I think the fried chicken overpowered it. If I ordered this again, I would ask for a side of maple dressing to dip/drizzle on the sandwich (which would also be great for the fries!). 

 bbq chicken pizza: bbq sauce, smoked gouda, red onion, scallions 
Shaun ordered this dish. When asked what he thought of it he replied "it was unreal!". He is a man of many words my friends. 

Other menu items I cannot wait to try are:
-any of the grilled cheese 
  *three cheese: aged cheddar, fontina, provolone
  *fried egg: provolone, parmesan, basil 
  *cheesy bacon: apple bacon & smoked gouda
  *chunky monkey: peanut butter, bacon, banana, cream cheese 
-pierogi pizza: garlic aioli, roasted red potatoes, aged cheddar, caramelized onions, bacon, scallions 
-brunch: anything. if you know me, you know I love brunch!
-build your own salad: amazing. so many different choices for lettuce, toppings, meats/seafood, veggies, nuts/cheese, and dressings. so many possibilities! 

Have you been to Social yet? What has your favorite dish and drink been? 

Eat Well & Sparkle!


No comments:

Post a Comment