Friday, August 7, 2015

Favorite Friday - Rose Tea Cafe

Rose Tea Café is by far one of my favorite spots in Pittsburgh. The dining area is not very large, so we usually end up going here on a whim instead of planning a night out with friends. Each time we visit there typically isn't a wait, but the café is full which is always a good sign that everyone else loves the food too! I don't have much to compare this food to, but I think it is the best!

I will admit... the whole time I have been loving this restaurant I thought it was Thai food. Until recently when I Googled the difference between Thai food and Taiwanese food.
  • Thai = Thailand (country in southeast Asia known for their beaches... look it up, GORGEOUS!)
  • Taiwanese = Taiwan (small island east of China governed by the Republic of China)
If you knew that, don't judge. My geography knowledge and IQ are not that great. If you didn't know that, you're welcome!

Now that is cleared up, back to the delicious food. I have been trying to broaden my palate more, but when I come here I have to get the same thing because it's that good. Religiously, I order a vegetable spring roll and chicken lo mein. I haven't strayed and I don't plan on it. The prices are extremely reasonable for the portion sizes you receive.


The spring roll is so crisp on the outside and each bite leaves you wanting more. The dipping sauce is a must! It isn't too small like other spring rolls I've seen and it isn't huge. The perfect portion for an appetizer.


The lo mein is seriously the best I have ever had. I order it other places and am disappointed every time that I have stopped ordering anywhere else. It is so flavorful and the pieces of chicken absorb the flavor and are so juicy. The portion size is huge, so I only end up eating half and save the rest for lunch the next day. Winning!


Shaun has ordered the shrimp fried rice which is also very delicious and a large portion. There are onions in the fried rice so I don't eat much of it, but the bites I have taken are so good. They don't skimp on the shrimp and they are decently sized pieces.


Shaun also went thorough a couple of months were he was extremely obsessed with fried dumplings, so we have ordered those as well. Again, a pretty nice sized appetizer and they were delicious!

Other reviews of this place are fantastic for the dishes I have not tried. I'm not sure if I will ever be ready to try another dish from here or not. I also have heard their bubble tea is unreal, but I haven't been brave enough to try it for myself. Have you tried bubble tea? What are your thoughts and favorite flavors?

Eat Well & Sparkle!

No comments:

Post a Comment